2021 Canadian Federal Election-Part 1: What Issues Would I Like to Query Politicians on in this Federal Election?
A friend of mine, whose opinion I value very much, encouraged me to engage more strongly as a voter in the run-up to the federal election to be held on September 20th. His advice, derived by a consideration of Matthew, chapter 14, convicted me that I should do more than vote, send money to those I deem most worthy, and read-up on the positions of the various political participants. Accordingly, I am breaking a long-standing personal rule to never talk about politics on my personal blog.
Let me begin by saying on July 22nd (I know the exact date since I keep a journal), at supper I pulled out a question out of a box called Table Topics. The question that came up asked: “Which three political issues are most important to you?“
My wife Kathy and I each formulated our own lists and, when combined, came up with four points:
- Preserving our basic freedoms
- Keeping the government from interfering in our lives
- Preserving the history and accomplishments of Canada in particular, and western civilization in general
- Maintaining Canadian energy independence and, particularly, preserving the strength and viability of the Canadian oil and gas sector
Going forward I plan to examine the party platforms and available candidate information on these topics. Here are some links:
- CPC Platform Link: https://cpcassets.conservative.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/25132033/5ea53c19b2e3597.pdf
- Liberal Link: https://liberal.ca/our-plan/
- NDP Link: https://xfer.ndp.ca/2021/Commitments/Ready%20for%20Better%20-%20NDP%202021%20commitments.pdf?_gl=1*1wzq11m*_ga*NDcyMjA0MDE3LjE2Mjk5MTkyMTA.*_ga_97QLYMLC56*MTYyOTkxOTIxMC4xLjEuMTYyOTkxOTIxNy4w
- PPC Link: https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/platform
Posted on August 25, 2021, in Uncategorized and tagged 2021 Canadian Federal Election, 2021 Party Platforms. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment